Wednesday 28 January 2009

29 again?

I am turning 30 on Sunday. Its a time of mixed emotion but what I am really pondering is... as I missed out on a year does this mean I get two thirtieth birthdays? In my mind I am turning 29 as I feel like a year has been stolen from me. There is a whole year of my life of which I have no memory. Others tell me things but I am unable to remember. My memory of that time is non-existent. My wife tells me, for example,  that I used to speak Italian with a recreational therapist called Frank. I have very vague recollection of this but I certainly would not have known his name. So I think I should have a second 30th birthday next year to make up for the forgotten year in America! It feels so strange that others have a memory of that time but I don't. Not to be too negative though I am really grateful to be here, after all I am grateful to God that I am still alive and have a beautiful wife. So despite the lost year, this Sunday will be a really special celebration! And actually I am looking forward to living life in my 30's and all that it may have in store. So here's to looking forward. Thats it for now!

3 comments:

  1. oh boy! that's a really big occasion, your 30th birthday. andy, you can have as many birthdays as you want, i love celebrating! and don't forget to mark the calendar for your half birthday - those are important too :-) and knowing that lovely wife of yours, i'm sure your day will be made extra special for you.

    wishing you the most wonderful birthday andy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a happy 29 to you andy! have as many 29th b-days as you want, because you can set the rules- (since i am looking at 47 this year like one would look at dental appointment, i vote for 29 as long as you want) have a great day andy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday Andy! I say you're still 29 cuz of that missing year. Not that I wouldn't give a million bucks to be 30 or 40 or 50 again....

    have a wonderful Sunday and hugs to you and Jodi...

    sazzy

    ReplyDelete