Sunday 25 January 2009

So who am I and what happened

Hello everyone, welcome to my new blog!    
A Few years ago when I was 25(my wife 22)we were living  in America.  I had just gotten my PhD in chemistry. I was involved in a car cash with my wife who thankfully is unharmed, I however received a nasty head injury (Which mainly left me with brain injury)   which left me with much memory loss and affected  my sight  and balance significantly.  
I suffer mostly with short-term memory loss but however my  long term memory is still patchy. For example I remember very little of my PhD or how I proposed to my wife.  (I WILL remember one day!)
  I find it very difficult to remember what it was that my wife  said to me just moments before, or what the last telephone conversation was about, so I use a moleskin book to write everything down keeping a record of my day
I am wanting people to read for themselves what it is like being a head injured person -not fun I can tell you.  Plus I want to keep a record of my own thoughts at this time in my life.  I can't promise good spelling or grammer or that my sentences will make sense, but I can promise that it will be a true account of living as a person who suffered  traumatic brain injury (tbi)but I can promise it will be....ooooops I forgot that I'd just written that bit....a true account of somebody that has a tbi and has learnt to live on (with the help of others).  
After my head injury I had to learn how to do everything again(walk,talk,eat, laugh)You may be wondering why this is entitled 'Four Chickens in a tree', well this, according to my wife  was the first joke that I made up and told, which I thought and still do is funny.  OK, Why were there Four chickens in a tree?                          Because the fifth one one went home!

That's it for now.

2 comments:

  1. bravo andy for your brave adventure into blog land. i look so forward to being included in your thoughts and doings in the days to come. it is truly a blessing for us - your friends - that you are working so hard to move forward. you and jodie are truly an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy...What a wonderful idea to start this blog! Like Dani - I look forward to your updates and progress!

    Oh and I love the chicken joke!!

    Sazzy

    ReplyDelete